Saturday, August 13, 2011

97.1 Hank FM American Idol Education Contest

So, a few weeks ago, my buddy from work, Andrew, was flipping through his radio stations and stumbled upon an add for this contest that was being hosted by a local country radio station.  He immediately thought of me and suggested that I enter into the contest. 

I offered many excuses to prevent me from entering into the contest:  1) I didn't have a YouTube video.  2)  The judges would have to go through a commercial and three minutes of interview for the only professional video I owned.  3)  I am clearly not of the country genre.

With those excuses, Andrew proceeded to continue his persistence.  He would not allow "no" for an answer.  After the back-and-forth discussion, he finally convinced me to submit my video.  Two days later, we found out I was a finalist.

So, long story short, after four days of brutal patience, constant promotion, and edge-of-the-seat feelings, voters decided to have me win the contest!  In a few weeks, I will be traveling to Houston, TX, compliments of 97.1 Hank FM and Universal Records.  There, I will have the pleasure and opportunity to audition for season 11 of American Idol with priority placement in line.  Also, I will have the opportunity to meet last year's winner and runner-up.  What an opportunity and blessing!  Thanks for all the votes, support, and encouragement.  See you in Houston!

No comments:

Post a Comment